We are the Border City Brawlers and we are looking for your support to keep our league rolling. Roller derby is the fastest growing sport for women and girls. BCB is a non-profit, volunteer run roller derby organization committed to competitive excellence, fitness, fun, friendship and entertaining fans!
Our Biggest Hurdle: SPACE!
We’re asking the community, our friends and our family to help fund our biggest expense: our practice and home game space.
Roller derby is played on a flat, even surface which requires us to rent space that can accomodate our skating track and game day equipment (approx 30x45m (98’x150′)). Often practice space is scarce and we have to rent facilities that are too small, too large or poorly surfaced at premium rates. Players pay dues to skate and we fundraise, solicit donations and collect admission to our home games to make up the difference and ensure that skaters from all economic backgrounds have access to this wonderful sport.
The Border City Brawlers have been in search of a permanent home in which to practice and host teams from around Canada and the United States in competition. Border City Brawlers is one of the 300-plus member leagues of the Women’s Flat Track Derby Association (WFTDA).
What your $$$$’s will DO:
1) Help with practice and game space rental fees
2) Help with insurance costs
3) A portion will be put aside specifically for our “HOME Fund” aka the Brawler Bunker. We are willing to partner with other organizations to find an adequate space that could be used YEAR round at an affordable cost. This money may be used to bring a potential facility up to standards with possible small renovations or additions of necessary features like heating, cooling, lighting or surfacing. Interested partners can contact us at email@example.com
4) Assist us in developing our Junior Derby Program for girls aged 12-17
Your HELP will En$ure:
1) We keep rolling, progressing and achieving.
2) We get one step closer to getting a permanent space where we can run our league year-round and put on events such as open public skating (think Wheels), training camps, tournaments, community events, and share the venue with other sports needing indoor flat space.
Thank you for your time,
Love the Border City Brawlers