1) Donors must be 17 years or older
2) There is a weight and height requirement for 17 to 23 years old – see chart on link here: https://blood.ca/en/blood/can-i-donate
3) Bring Identification card – (i.e. Driver’s license, new Health card or blood donor card if they are already a donor) – ID is a must
4) No tattoos or body piercings in the last 6 months
5) You have not been to the dentist in the last 72 hours
6) If you have travelled outside of Canada please call 1-888-2-Donate to talk to a nurse. The whole list of country is also found here https://www.blood.ca/en/blood/travel
7) For specific eligibility questions, please check online at https://blood.ca/en/blood/abcs-eligibility or call 1-888-2-Donate to talk to a nurse
8) EAT and DRINK water the day before the donation and most especially on the day of the donation date. Lots of water!